Last night, I went over some things in my life that need an overhaul. I have been busy lately that I wasn’t able to wrap my whole life accordingly. In the past few weeks, I was a mess, a total mess. I have been consumed by events that mean nothing metaphysical to me. All the things around me were real, but nothing mattered. I have been in a total whirlwind so to speak. My life was in a limbo. So I decided to take a break and think. And last night, the fear that made me do stupid things overwhelmed me again.
But I was able to overcome it. It was not easy. It took me years to finally accept that I am afraid of failing. And it took me many battles just to defeat my own fear. And last night, after a gazillion of battles I have fought, I won. But it was not an easy battle—nothing was, nothing is, and nothing will ever be.
I have been a prisoner of my own fear, that I realized when I woke up the next day. Little fear can cripple even a great man in the making. But I won’t let it loom my decisions in life. Never again. I might be still scared, but it won’t cripple me again. For I remember a great line from one of my favorite poems, Invictus: “I am the master of my soul, I am the captain of my fate.”
Friday, February 12, 2010
Invictus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
Last night, I went over some things in my life that need an overhaul. I have been busy lately that I wasn ’t able to wrap my whole life acco...
-
Sleep has been eluding me for past weeks. I have a screwed up sleeping pattern as I usually do every vacation. But last night, I went to bed...
-
I got the job. I should be happy right now. My bum days are coming to an end. But no. I am somewhere in between happy and sad just because o...
-
Wake me up when October ends. October 2010 is being a bitch on me. I started it with a bang, and will probably end it with another bang. Thi...
-
Here is something I wrote two years ago. I didn't know what I was thinking then. HAHAHA! He loves cooking. and he's good at it. She ...
-
I was inside a matchbox. I was rather big for the box, but for some weird reasons, I was inside it. I supposed that was my world. It was bri...
-
Today marks the end of my shallow existence. Everyday I exist, thinking of something good to do with my life. I wake up every morning with a...
-
Relationship request from [insert name here]: Accept or Reject? Today, I will get too personal. Today, I will talk about my past relat...
-
I am not going to write about the recent hostage taking in Quirino. No, not at all. I am not going to blabber about it for the following rea...
-
"Living is easy with eyes closed." I survived hell week! A week of agitation and non-existent social life due to hell files. I am ...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteVery well written! :) I was inspired by your blog entry. Don't be afraid to fail... we cannot be winners all the time. As a saying goes, in every failure there is an opportunity. Just keep exploring things, do what you think will help you achieve your dreams. When you stumble, pick up yourself and start all over again. Don't stop dreaming, anyway it's free. I really believe you'll go places someday. :) Don't forget me, okay? :) Hahaha. Love you!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Dinelete ko yung unang comment kasi may wrong spelling.
@Pastel. Haha. Thanks. :) I agree, we cannot be winners all the time.
ReplyDeleteP.S. You're really a good writer! Continue expressing yourself and sharing your intelligent ideas. Not all people are blessed with such talent and intellect. You're very lucky! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! But I still have so much to learn and do to prove myself worthy of the adjective "good" writer.
ReplyDelete